New Mexico Resource Allocation Tool WebinarPassword: nmped
If you experience any problems with the audio to this webinar, please follow the directions below:
From Internet Explorer 11 –
Click on your Tools/Settings > Compatibility View Settings > Add:
By doing this we are adding these two sites to a compatibility view in order to access the archives from IUM 4 successfully. Also, please be aware to turn OFF your Pop-Up Blocker setting, since the meeting will launch in a new window.
This page provides resources to support improving academic outcome for students and includes:
- Math, Literacy, and School Systems Reflective Summaries
- Professional Development Training and Handouts
- Suggested Readings
- Resources shared by your colleagues in the field
NM Classroom Walkthrough
The Classroom Walkthrough provides formative assessment data that answers the question, "How are we doing?" in regards to the implementation of teaching and learning. Examining and analyzing this data is a key practice of continuous school improvement. The NM Classroom Walkthrough provides a structure for consistent expectations across the district while allowing schools to address individual needs.
The Center for School Turnaround
The Center on School Turnaround (Center) is part of a federal network of 15 Regional Comprehensive Centers, serving individual states or clusters of states, and seven national Content Centers. The 22 Comprehensive Centers are charged with building the capacity of state educational agencies (SEAs) to assist districts and schools in meeting student achievement goals.
The partners and collaborators in this Center—WestEd, the Academic Development Institute, the University of Virginia’s Darden/Curry Partnership for Leaders in Education, the National Implementation Research Network, Public Impact, the National Center on Time and Learning, Education Northwest, and a panel of nationally known education experts—strongly believe that efforts to turn around the nation’s persistently low-achieving schools can move from a system that focuses on islands of excellence to the “way we do business” in the United States.
Center on Great Teachers and Leaders
The Center on Great Teachers and Leaders (GTL Center) is dedicated to supporting state education leaders in their efforts to grow, respect, and support great teachers and leaders for all students. The GTL Center continues the work of the National Comprehensive Center for Teacher Quality (TQ Center) and expands its focus to provide technical assistance and online resources designed to build systems that:
- Support the implementation of college and career standards.
- Ensure the equitable distribution of effective teachers and leaders.
- Recruit, retain, reward, and support effective educators.
- Develop coherent human capital management systems.
- Create safe academic environments that increase student learning through positive behavior management and appropriate discipline.
- Use data to guide professional development and improve instructional improvement.
Building State Capacity and Productivity Center
The new Building State Capacity and Productivity Center (BSCP Center) focuses work on helping state education agencies (SEAs) throughout the country, as they adapt to reduced fiscal resources and increased demands for greater productivity. As State Departments of Education are facing a daunting challenge of improving student performance with diminishing financial resources, the “SEA of the Future” will be “performance-oriented” rather than “compliance-based” to provide leadership and capacity building for local education agencies.
The BSCP Center addresses the needs of all 50 state education agencies, and the other 21 regional comprehensive centers and national content centers that serve them, by providing high quality information, tools, and implementation support.
The BSCP Center will be focusing work in the following areas over time to:
- Support the SEAs with technical assistance products (information, tools, training and implementation support).
- Help the SEAs build new capacities: leadership skills, organizational structures, new systems, new expertise and new policies
- Promote continuous improvement to reach system-wide improvement