NMPED Home :: PED A to Z Directory :: Contact Us

Constituent Services
Frequently Asked Questions about the New Mexico Public Education Department

GED Transcripts

  • How do I get a copy of my GED?

Official GED transcripts are available to persons who have tested and/or received a diploma issued by the State of New Mexico (not from a high school).  Transcript requests are processed within two weeks.  

To obtain a GED transcript submit either a completed official transcript request form found at http://www.ped.state.nm.us/AssessmentAccountability/GED/index.html or a written request containing the following information: 

-Name at the time the test was taken and current name, if different
-Date of birth
-Social Security Number
-Current phone number
-Where and when the GED Tests were taken
-Address to which the record(s) should be sent
-Signature of the GED candidate or recipient.

GED Testing Program
300 Don Gaspar
Santa Fe, NM 87501

Official transcripts bear the state seal. If you need an official transcript form mailed, please contact the above.

GED transcripts may also be requested from Official GED Testing Centers. If you are a GED Verification Company, you still must submit a verification form. A release form submitted to your company by the candidate may be substituted for the candidate’s signature. All requests may either be mailed to the address above or faxed to 505-827-6616.

If you have any further questions, please contact our GED office at 505-827-6702.

Back to FAQs

Please click here to report any missing or incorrect information.