Instructional Material Bureau
ANNUAL BUDGET REPORTS DUE AUGUST 1, 2014
New Mexico Statute requires that each local school board of a school district and each governing authority of a state institution or private school acquiring instructional material pursuant to the Instructional Material Law shall file a report with the department that includes an itemized list of instructional material purchased by the eligible entity, by vendor; the total cost of the instructional material; the average per-student cost; and the year-end cash balance. (NMSA 22-15-12 Annual Report)
The Instructional Material Bureau is responsible for enforcing requirements of the Instructional Material Law. The Instructional Material Bureau may withdraw or withhold the privilege of participating in the free use of instructional material in case of any violation of or noncompliance with the provisions of the Law, which includes the requirement to submit an annual report and listing of instructional material purchased.
- WHEN: All school districts, state and local charters, BIE and non-public schools must submit an annual report to the Instructional Material Bureau no later than Friday, August 1, 2014.
- FORMAT: Download the appropriate form by clicking on the links below:
- COMPLETE: fill in all information fields. For school districts, state supported schools, BIE schools and non-public schools – be sure to report expenditures as adopted or not adopted.
- SUBMIT: The completed annual report and the required listing of instructional material purchased must be sent via e-mail to email@example.com. Put ANNUAL REPORT and your district/school name in the subject line. For example: ANNUAL REPORT – Bridges Charter School.
Information for Non-Public Schools:
Application for instructional material funding for 2014/2015 and 2015/2016
Non-public schools are required to submit an application to participate in the free use of instructional material program every two years. The application for the 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 school years is due no later than February 28, 2014. Please use the link below to download the application:
2014 Application for Instructional Material Funding for non-public schools
- Download the form and save to your local computer.
- Complete every field in the application and be sure to save the completed form.
- Print out and have the principal or chief administrator of your school sign at the bottom of the form
- Mail the original of the application, with a copy of your current accreditation, to IMB ATTN: 2014 IM Application; 300 Don Gaspar Room G-12; Santa Fe, NM 87501-2786
- The application must be postmarked no later than February 28, 2014
- IMB will begin accepting applications immediately, so get your application in early!
Instructional Material Allocations
Adopted Instructional Materials
Schools may purchase adopted materials using the iSTAR*Online system
Instructional Materials are adopted by subject area. The following are the current lists of adopted materials, including both core/basal and supplementary materials.
NEW! 2014 Adopted 9-12 ELA; Reading, CORE Reading Intervention; Modern, Classical, and Native Languages.
NEW! 2013 Adopted Career Technical Education and Driver Education
Prior year adoptions – spreadsheets of instructional material
2012 Adopted Math and The Arts
2012 Math and Arts Reviewer Summaries
2012 Math Alignment Rubrics
2012 Arts Alignment Rubrics
2012 Adoption: Grades K-3 — Common Core Math and ELA
HMH Go Math Information Packet
HMH Journeys Information Packet
McGraw-Hill Everyday Math Information Packet
McGraw-Hill Treasures Information Packet
Saxon Math Information Packet
Scott Foresman enVisionMATH Information Packet
Scott Foresman Investigations Information Packet
Scott Foresman Reading Street Information Packet
2011 Science, Physical Education, and Health Education
Reviews of submitted effectiveness studies
Teacher Appraisals of Core Basal Materials
Directory of Publishers of Adopted Instructional Materials (Core/Basal and Supplemental)